CNC Production Set-up
Department: Machine Shop
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- Set-up, operate and maintain operations on one or more CNC controlled turning or machining centers.
- Ensure all required set-up(s) and run documentation are in place, i.e. process sheets and inspection check sheets, etc.
- Determine appropriate tooling, speeds, feeds, and processes to achieve production and quality requirements.
- Create, modify, or activate CNC programs used to produce specific parts.
- Optimize existing programs, tooling, or processes to achieve or exceed production and quality requirements.
- Obtain first piece verification, complete in-process check sheets and maintain all dimensions to required tolerances.
- Operate production machines – lathe and milling.
- Make adjustments to set-up, tool wear offsets, or CNC program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Operate CNC machines, record output, perform preventative maintenance and quality inspections.
Education Requirements: High School Graduate
Experience Requirements: 3-5 years on-the-job Machine Shop experience.
Background in machining production parts required. Must be familiar with Mastercam CAD/CAM, multi-axis CNC Milling or Lathers machines, and be able to interpret blueprints. Strong English skills in reading and writing; strong verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to stand 100% of the time. Job involves twisting, turning, reaching, bending, climbing, pulling, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 15# approximately 15 times during the day. Must be able to lift 2-4# at least 40 times a day.
TFC Property Responsibilities:
All machines assigned to the Machine Shop, tooling, gauges, computer, Machine Shop Office and all office furniture / computer / printer, hi-lo, overhead crane.