Supervisor Responsibilities: Yes, three (3) direct reports
- Maximize the financial returns by enforcing financial policies, procedures, and controls.
- Responsible for all administrative functions including financial accounting, customer service, Human Resources, steel purchasing, and supervising all staffing in these areas.
- Ensure financial reporting is done accurately and timely for month/year end reviews including financial statements, variance analysis, department cost statements, borrowing base, covenant compliance and cash flow analysis.
- Maintain all balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Act as liaison with bank; review bank reconciliations; monitor borrowing base and covenant compliance.
- Review weekly payroll, ensure check payroll taxes are filed timely and accurately by outside payroll service, and ensure year end filings are completed timely and accurately.
- Act as backup to Human Resources Manager.
- Perform Accounts Receivable functions including posting deposits against invoices; review A/R Aging with proper follow-up with customers; prepare / review customer invoices, review shippers, and ensure proper period cut-off.
- Review weekly check run prepared by accountant; ensure proper payment terms are established and followed; ensure “unvouchered AP” transactions are reviewed and discrepancies resolved in a timely fashion.
- Establish and monitor inventory standard costs for raw materials, labor rates, overhead rates, and machine hour rates; ensure new item masters are set up timely / accurately including bill of materials, routers, and outside process price tables.
- Review labor / overhead rate schedule to ensure reasonable rates.
- Identify, review and analyze low margin origins.
- Coordinate monthly cycle counts and quarterly physical inventory counts reviewing variances and slow moving inventory.
- Ensure customer PO’s are timely and accurate; conduct weekly order board reviews with production; act as liaison with customers to obtain forecasts; prepare monthly reposts by customer vs. YTD vs. prior year.
- Determine when to order steel; submit RFQ’s; coordinate steel delivery dates with production staff; adjust steel price standards based upon grade and current price; make steel purchases.
- Act as liaison between bank and outside CPA firm during year end review and bank audit, and prepare necessary financial data.
- Maintain Construction in Progress records; capitalize the asset upon completion; track all capital expenditures by asset and purchase date; determine if assets have been sold/disposed off/obsolete and perform necessary write off.
- Prepare annual budget coordinating with upper management utilizing a sales history analysis, projecting headcount and OT levels by month, and review variable and fixed cost spending by department based upon production / sales levels.
- Monitor use tax calculation as maintained by Accountant; track quarterly / annual income tax estimated payments as provided by CPA firm; ensure payroll tax rates are in line with budget.
Provide financial decision-making information by collecting, analyzing, and reporting cost data; provide financial information to the organization through maintenance and reconciliation of accounts; complete vendor payments; control expenses
Education Requirements: Four year degree in Accounting; MBA, CPA preferred
Experience Requirements: 5+ years experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with Workwise TCM ERP system software helpful. Must have strong typing skills, and be proficient with calculator / adding machine.
Sitting for extended periods of time. May have to work 50+ hours each week.
TFC Property Responsibilities:
TFC Property Responsibilities: Personal computer / software / hardware, printers, phone, scanning machines, desk, desk chair, filing cabinets, adding machine(s).