Hammer Material Handler Hi-Lo Driver
Department: Hammer Shop
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- Must have basic knowledge of hammers and induction unit set up.
- Must be able to drive a lift truck as needed, i.e. filling bowl feeders, removing filled hoppers, assisting with die changes, etc.
- Ensure that each filled hopper is tagged appropriately.
- Must be able to stack hoppers, pallets, etc. as needed.
- Must be able to perform basic maintenance of lift truck, including changing and storing propane tanks, oil changes, overall quality checks, etc.
- Must know and practice safety procedures while driving a hi-lo.
- Must be proficient in all applicable Company procedures pertaining to the job and the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be proficient in using a lift truck; must be proficient in following directions and conscious of safety at all times; good working command of English language.
Education Requirements: High school diploma, Associates degree a plus
Experience Requirements: 6 months experience in a manufacturing environment
Good working command of the English language; valid on-site hi-lo certification. Must be able to use simple math calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools. Must be a forward thinker and a team player.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time; climbing, twisting, turning, and lifting up to 50# several times a day.