Department: Hammer Shop
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- 1. Determine what is to be forged daily by pulling order board, deciding quantity needed, reviewing inventory and comparing to what is due and on what dates.
- Create shop / forge orders with the following categories: component, heat code, die series, part name / number, and due date; forward to Controller.
- Create billet order every day using location, size, quantity, diameter, grade, number of inches.
- Obtain die series from MQ1 and place on forge order.
- Enter tags from Hammer Shop Shearers on how much they cut, how much steel to billets / billets to parts.
- Verify that what was forged was actually scheduled.
- Physically count inventory at end of month; make out inventory tags for bundles of steel and turn into Controller; manually change inventory in computer system (TCM).
- Other duties as assigned.
In priority of importance, schedule production jobs in the Hammer Shop so on-time delivery is maintained; create shop orders for forging and shear positions; reconcile shop orders after completion; assist with inventory as needed.
Education Requirements: High school diploma, associates degree preferred.
Experience Requirements: Must have working command of the English language, and have good oral communication skills; must know how to effectively deal with people;
Working command of the English language, strong oral communication skills. Must be detail oriented, and have good mathematic skills. Strong cognitive thinking skills to find the source of the problem(s) and trouble shoot accordingly. Must make decisions throughout the day. Must be fluent with Excel and using a calculator.
Job involves sitting all day, walking company grounds occasionally, data entry on various computer programs. Must be able to lift up to 30#. Work autonomously.
TFC Property Responsibilities:
Personal computer, desk, chair.