Hot Trim Operator
Department: Hammer Shop
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- Must have thorough working knowledge of swabbing, hot trim, hot pad, hot rack and roll reducer positions, including set-up and adjustment.
- Able to read job set-up spreadsheets for roll reducer.
- Must have basic working knowledge of induction unit.
- Must know how to set up the trim press using correct procedure.
- Have basic knowledge of trim press and be able to perform basic maintenance to ensure safety, output and quality at all times.
- Must be able to follow directions for each set-up and operation of the trim press.
- Must drive a hi-lo truck as needed.
- Must have working knowledge of various hand tools: wrenches, sockets, impact wrenches, etc.
- Able to read micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be proficient on all jobs of the Hammer Crew line except hammer operator. Follows directions and is conscious of safety at all times.
Education Requirements: High school diploma. Two (2) + years trade experience preferred.
Experience Requirements: 1-3 years experience in all positions of the Hammer line except Hammer operator.
Working command of the English language; strong communication skills (both oral and written) for instructions, memos, etc. Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools. Must be a forward thinker and a team player.
Must be able to stand 100% of the time, often 10 hours a day. Job involves twisting, turning, reaching, bending, climbing, pulling, pushing, holding arms at should height for an extended period of time. Must be able to lift up to 50# approximately 30 times during the day. Must be able to lift 1# – 20# at least 1600 times a day. Must be able to tolerate extreme heat in the summer months.
TFC Property Responsibilities:
Tongs, keys, key liners, hand tools, hold downs, conveyor