Industrial Electrician – Mechanical Technician
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems for safety and efficiency.
- Run conduits and pull cable.
- Must have working knowledge of electrical codes.
- Experience with 480 VAC 3 phase motor control systems.
- Experience with electrical voltages from zero to 600 volts.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues; hydraulic knowledge a plus.
- Read schematics / diagrams to follow circuits and wiring.
- Thorough knowledge on how to use different hand and diagnostic tools for testing and fixing equipment.
- Familiarity with induction units a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Will be proficient at trouble shooting and using critical thinking skills to find root causes and to repair issues, both electrical and mechanical. Must be able to read blueprints and schematics, and to use a variety of tools and diagnostic devises to service and install electrical parts.
Education Requirements: High school diploma, with trade school experience. Journeyman’s license preferred.
Experience Requirements: 2+ years experience in reading blueprints and schematics.
Strong critical thinking skills; strong mechanical aptitude; must be able to read blueprints and schematics; ability to use a variety of tools / diagnostic devises to service and install electrical parts.
Must be able to work in tight spaces and elevated positions: twisting, turning, bending, and holding arms at / above the head are all common movements; able to lift up to 50#; must have color vision for working with colored wiring and identifying wiring by sight.
TFC Property Responsibilities:
All staff responsible for basic tools and walkie-talkies: channel locks, pipe wrenches, pliers, side cutters, screwdrivers, air-operated tools, grinders, cut-off wheels, socket wrenches and sets (metric and standard), Allen wrenches (American & metric), hammers, chisels, and measuring tapes. All Electricians additionally responsible for fuse pullers, voltage ohm meter, wire cutters, strippers and fine screwdrivers.