Magnetic Particle Inspector
Department: Final Department
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- Perform all tests required on Equipment Test Form(s).
- Print and follow Process Control Plan (PCP) for each job.
- Input measured values into collection systems and interpret results.
- Set up magnetic particle unit and make sure inspector knows what to do.
- Clean magnetic particle unit.
- Check field indicators.
- Make sure parts have enough Gauss at beginning and at end.
- Put measurements into DataMyte.
- Perform visual and mechanical inspection of parts.
- Perform basic math skills for weigh counting on product evaluation.
- Drive hi-lo / forklift as needed.
- Clean work area daily using 5S housekeeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
Identify defects; set-up magnetic particle units; report any problems to manager.
Education Requirements: Will be trained on magnetic particle inspection (NDT), and requirements of Standard Operating Procedures. Will learn to drive hi-lo. High school education required.
Experience Requirements: 3 years experience leading inspectors on how to follow guidelines.
Must have working command of the English language; detail oriented; strong math ability.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Job involves twisting, bending. Good eyesight essential.
TFC Property Responsibilities:
MPI machine, testing equipment assigned to MPI machine, hi-lo’s, weight scales.