Shift: As Needed
Supervisor Responsibilities: Currently 7 Maintenance Employees
- Accomplish maintenance / production / human resource objectives by a) recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; b) communicate job expectations; c) plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions; d) plan and review compensation actions; e) enforce policies and procedures.
- Achieve production maintenance operational objectives by contributing production maintenance information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends; implement change.
- Meet production maintenance financial objectives by forecasting requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
- Control down time by carrying out preventive maintenance requirements; respond to and repair malfunctions; coordinate schedules with production planning.
- Repair and rebuild parts by providing machining capabilities.
- Keep supplies ready by ensuring stock is supplied; place orders, verify receipt.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environments by following and enforcing standards and procedures; comply with legal regulations.
- Maintain production equipment by training production operators to use and maintain tools and equipment.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; read technical publications.
- Accomplish production maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Coaching; managing processes; document skills; management proficiency; equipment maintenance; 40-55 hours a week, or as needed to maintain work load.
Education Requirements: Minimum Journeyman license + 5 years management experience, or 10 years managing in a forging environment.
Experience Requirements: See education requirements above.
Strong logical reasoning & critical thinking skills for diagnosing problems and implementing solutions; mechanical skills for reading blueprints and schematics; know how to use a variety of tools and diagnostic devises to service and install electrical parts; strong interpersonal skills; strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must be able to work in tight spaces, elevated positions, and in extreme temperatures; turning, bending, and holding arms at / above the head; able to lift up to 50 lbs.
TFC Property Responsibilities:
Oversee that all Maintenance staff are responsible for all tools and walkie-talkies: channel locks, pipe wrenches, pliers, side cutters, screwdrivers, air-operated tools, grinders, cut-off wheels, socket wrenches and sets (metric and standard), Allen wrenches (American and metric), hammers, chisels and measuring tapes. Oversee that all electricians are responsible for fuse pullers, voltage ohm meters, wire cutters and strippers, and fine screwdrivers. Oversee that all welders are responsible for welding helmets, burning goggles, strikers, chip hammers, and welding gloves.