Manager of Transportation – Accounts Receivable
Department: Final Department
Supervisor Responsibilities: All Final Department employees
Final Department Duties/Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise all activities in Final/Shipping Department.
- Plan and coordinate any sequence of workflow and processes in the Final/Shipping Department.
- Work with the Quality Manager and Quality Team to establish all guidelines for any needed inspection(s) of parts, to establish what certifications will be necessary per customer, and to keep all these records in an orderly fashion.
- Train new workers in their job duties and help develop them for other positions as needed.
- Set-up and perform testing or experimental projects on Magnetic Particle Machines.
- Record data entry for production, scrap, and inventory; report any delay to a customer order.
- Manage human resources as well as equipment assets to inspect product efficiently and economically.
- Manage general housekeeping duties and safety regulations on a regular basis; guide the department on a 5S program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Customer Service Representative:
- Review all incoming purchase orders to verify pricing (compared to quote), revision levels, due date / lead time, payment terms, any customer specific requirements.
- Enter customer orders in TCM software.
- Notify all distribution list recipients of new orders.
- Accept customer calls and research / respond to any customer inquiries.
- Process invoices to customers based upon shipments.
- Ensure shipping paperwork is in order and completed; scan into DDX system.
- Review A/R Aging Report; contact customers for payment status in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
1) Coordinate and supervise all activities associated with the Final/Shipping department and ship quality products free of defects on time. 2) Coordinate and review all data entry for customer orders, invoicing and accounts receivable.
Education Requirements: Minimum associates degree preferred
Experience Requirements: Management experience, shipping/receiving, excellent customer service experience and phone skills.
Working command of the English language, strong communication skills (both oral and written) for instructions, memos, etc. Must be able to read and interpret drawings and customer purchase orders, follow routers, use simple math calculations, and use basic hand held measuring tools. Must be a forward thinker and a team player. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Job involves twisting, long periods of sitting and walking.
TFC Property Responsibilities:
Desk, phone, computer, file cabinets. Oversee all property in Press Room, Final Department & Machine Shop to ensure employees are responsible for their own areas.