Department: Hammer Shop
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- Must have basic knowledge of the shears and the duties of steel yard and tagging procedure(s).
- Must know how to set up shear using correct procedure.
- Have basic knowledge of shear and be able to perform basic maintenance necessary to maintain safety, output and quality at all times.
- Must be able to follow directions for each set-up and operation.
- Must drive a lift truck as needed.
- Must have working knowledge of various hand tools: wrenches, sockets, impact wrenches, etc.
- Able to read micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be proficient in the position of shear operator; follows directions exactly; conscious of safety at all times; good communication skills, both written and oral.
Education Requirements: High school diploma plus.
Experience Requirements: 3 to 6 months experience preferred.
Working command of the English language, strong communication skills (both oral and written) for instructions, memos, etc. Must be able to read and follow routers, use simple math calculations, have valid on-site hi-lo certification, and use basic hand held measuring tools. Must be a forward thinker and a team player.
Must be able to stand 100% of the time, often 10 hours a day. Job involves twisting, turning, reaching, bending, climbing, pulling, pushing, holding arms at shoulder height for an extended period of time. Must be able to lift up to 50# approximately 30 times during the day. Must be able to lift up to 20# at least 600 times a day.
TFC Property Responsibilities:
Lift trucks, hand tools, shear blades