Tool Die Machine Support
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- Troubleshoot and repair die while in hammer as need arises.
- Troubleshoot and repair trimmer while in press machine as need arises.
- Run milling machine, surface grinder and lathe as needed.
- Must know how to hand bench / die finish.
- Prepare dies / support tools as needed.
- Perform general housekeeping duties on a regular basis.
- Transport dies by hi-lo as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Troubleshoot and repair forging dies / trimmers.
Education Requirements: Journeyman Tool & Die Maker preferred.
Experience Requirements: Must have 5-8 years in manual machining and die repair. Welding experience in molds and trimmers preferred.
Working command of the English language, strong communication skills (both oral and written) for instructions, memos, etc. Must be able to read and interpret drawings & blueprints, follow routers, use simple math calculations, and use basic hand-held measuring tools. Will have valid in-house hi-lo certification. Must be a forward thinker and a team player.
Must be able to stand 100% of the time. Job involves twisting, turning, reaching, bending, climbing, pulling, pushing, holding arms at shoulder height for an extended period of time. Must be able to lift up to 25# approximately 15 times during the day. Must be able to lift 2-4# at least 40 times a day.
TFC Property Responsibilities:
All staff responsible for basic tools, overhead crane, and walkie-talkies: screwdrivers, air-operated tools, grinders, cut-off wheels, socket wrenches and sets (metric and standard), Allen wrenches (American & standard), hammers, chisels, and measuring tapes and any other tools specific to this job description.