MIG Flood Welder
Department: Tool & Die
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- Must be a skilled welder and have working knowledge of forging / stamping dies and equipment components.
- Must have experience using the following tools: air hammer, carbon arc scarfing, flood MIG weld rig.
- Troubleshoot all machinery malfunctions by locating source of problems(s) through observation of mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove (dismantle) and examine defective parts.
- Create and/or install replacement / new machinery parts as needed.
- Attend educational workshops, review technical publications as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MIG Flood welding forging dies and drop hammer components. Must have working knowledge of air hammer, carbon arc scarfing, MIG flood weld rig. Will troubleshoot machinery malfunctions as they occur. Will maintain a safe and effective working environment. 40-60 hours a week.
Education Requirements: High school diploma, with trade school experience preferred.
Experience Requirements: 2+ years experience as MIG Flood Welder.
Strong trouble shooting skills to find root cause of issues and think logically about solutions; mechanical skills to read blueprints and schematics, and to use a variety of tools and diagnostic devises. Prefer self-starter, with time management skills and a strong work ethic.
Must have a strong stamina and use 20# air hammer often. Twisting, turning, bending, and holding arms at / above the head are all common movements; able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work in extreme temperatures. Personal Protection Equipment provided. Uniform program offered.
TFC Property Responsibilities:
All Tool & Die Staff responsible for all tools.